Bids - Open
BID NO. 20-002 ESUSD Summer Modernizations
El Segundo Unified School District will begin construction on ESUSD Summer Modernizations projects. The scope of the projects involve:
Richmond Street Elementary School:
- Addition of a Security Vestibule, Replacement of Existing Windows at the main classroom/ Administration building.
- Installation of a 20’x 40’ shade structure (PC approved by Dave Bang) and concrete slab, Installation of ornamental fence and gates, Accessibility upgrade to restrooms. Material for shade structure will be provided.
El Segundo Middle School:
- Alteration of existing Administration Office, addition of 800sqft office space into existing covered breezeway.
Center Street Elementary School
- Addition of two (2) shade structures (PC approved by Dave Bang) at two locations on campus. Site improvements; walkways and landscaping. Material for shade structures will be provided.
El Segundo High School
- Security Vestibule in the Main Building, Replacement of Engineering Building windows, Replacement of baseball field fencing, Replace hoops, bleachers, refinish flooring in the South Gymnasium, Replace flooring in the North Gymnasium
- Estimate is $6,000,000 with an Allowance Amount of $500,000.
- Construction is expected to begin in June 2020 with project completion in August 2020. Project delivery method is be Design- Bid-Build. Contract to be awarded to one Prime Contractor. Prime Contractor’s License Requirements: B
- TELACU Construction Management will manage the Prequalification and Bid process.
- There is no Project Labor Agreement on this job.
- Prequalification requirements: Prime Contractor: All contractors with a B license that intends to bid as the General Contractor/ Prime Contractor directly to the District. First-tier Subcontractors: A contractor with an A, B, C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, C-46 license(s) that intends to bid as a first-tier subcontractor to the prime contractor that is bidding directly to the District.
- Prequalification documents must be submitted via email by April 24th, 2020 at 4pm. Attn: Preeti D'Souza, Program Manager, TELACU Construction Management. It can also be delivered to El Segundo Unified School District located at 641 Sheldon, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- RFI’s shall be submitted via email by no later than Friday at E 1st May 2020, by 4pm.
- There will be two (2) non-mandatory job walks on Thursday 16th April, 2020 at 2PM, and Thursday 23rd April, 2020 at 2PM at the El Segundo High School, Administration Lobby Located at 640 Main Street El Segundo, CA 90245.
- Bids are due before 2.00pm on Monday 18th, May 2020 at the District Office, 641 Sheldon Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
Thank you for your interest in our upcoming project. If you have any questions please contact:
The El Segundo Unified School District invites qualified consultants to submit proposals to facilitate our Health Benefits Requests for Proposals process for upcoming plan years.